Are you a carer for a relative or friend? Please let your GP know
If your GP knows you are a carer they can provide you with the right support. Your GP will also be able to look our for early signs that your caring role may be affecting your health.
Carers of people with serious/chronic health conditions or who are frail may also qualify for an annual flu vaccination.
Your GP may be able to help you as a carer by:
- Providing information and advice on:
- Medical conditions of & treatments for the person you are for to help you feel more confident in your caring role.
- Services provided by the NHS such as continence services and patient transport to hospital appointments.
- Other sources of support & advice. This could include the social services department and local voluntary agencies.
- Carrying out home visits.
- Arranging appointments for you and the person you care for a the same time.
- Arranging for repeat prescriptions to be delivered to your local pharmacy.
For further support and advice, please visit Action for Family Carers on: http://www.affc.org.uk/
Please ask our reception for a leaflet to complete