Are You a Carer?
There is a wealth of information on the NHS website about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.Finance and Law
- Benefits for carers
Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the under-65s
Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to.Benefits for the over-65s
Advice and information on financial support for older people with a disability or illness.
- Carer's Assement
How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Other benefits
Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring
Contact Carers Direct
- Telephone - 0808 802 0202
- Helpline Information - http://www.nhs.uk/carersdirect/carerslives/updates/pages/carersdirecthelpline.aspx
- Email - CarersDirect@nhschoices.nhs.uk
- Office Hours Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.